Nuage Networks, the Alcatel-Lucent venture focused on removing data center networking constraints for the cloud era, today accepted the Data Center Innovation of the Year award at the 2013 Telecom Asia Readers Choice & Innovation Awards held in Singapore. Telecom Asia is a leading online information source for telecom companies and professionals across Asia Pacific.
The Readers’ Choice & Innovation Awards are held annually to recognize the innovations and contributions to the industry of the top telecom suppliers operating in Asia Pacific. Award nominations were made by analysts and consultants, with the final vote given to Telecom Asia’s subscriber base of service provider executives across Asia Pacific.
“In receiving this award, we are proud to be recognized by Telecom Asia’s voting readership as an innovator in data center evolution for the cloud, paving the way for data center networks to be as fluid and instantaneous as cloud services and applications need them to be,” said Sunil Khandekar, CEO of Nuage Networks. “Through the abstraction and automation of network services, which we believe are the central pillars of software defined networking (SDN), we enable data center assets to become a natural extension of cloud-based network service offerings by and for enterprises and cloud service providers.”
The Nuage Networks Portfolio includes:
- Nuage Networks Virtualization Services Platform (VSP) – lays the foundation for an open and dynamically controlled datacenter network fabric to accelerate application programmability, facilitate unconstrained mobility, and maximize compute efficiency for cloud service providers.
- Virtual Services Directory (VSD) – serves as a policy, business logic & analytics engine for the abstract definition of network services. Through RESTful APIs to the VSD, administrators can define and refine service designs and instantiate enterprise policies.
- Virtualized Services Controller (VSC) – serves as the robust control plane of the datacenter network, maintaining a full per-tenant view of network and service topologies. It is an SDN controller with advanced federation capabilities that ensure scaling and graceful interconnection to existing IP networks. Through interfaces such as Openflow, the VSC programs the datacenter network independent of networking hardware.
- Virtual Routing & Switching (VRS) – serves as a virtual endpoint for network services. Through the VRS, changes in the compute environment are immediately detected, triggering instantaneous policy-based responses in network connectivity to ensure that the needs of applications are met.
- Nuage Networks 7850 Virtualized Services Gateway (VSG) – extends the benefits of SDN automation seamlessly between virtualized and non-virtualized assets in the datacenter. The 7850 VSG is a high-performance gateway platform, offering up to a terabit of capacity in a single rack unit with full layer 2 to layer 4 capabilities for multi-tenant datacenter environments.
About NUAGE NETWORKS: Nu-âhj: From French, meaning ‘cloud’. Nuage Networks brings a unique combination of groundbreaking technologies and unmatched networking expertise to the enterprise and telecommunications industries. The Silicon Valley-based start up has applied radically new thinking to the problem of delivering massively scalable and high programmable SDN solutions with the security and availability required by business-critical environments. Nuage Networks, backed by Alcatel-Lucent’s (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) rapidly growing IP division, has the pedigree to serve the needs of the world’s biggest clouds. The cloud has made promises – the mission of Nuage Networks is to help you realize them.
For more information, visit Nuage Networks on: www.nuagenetworks.net
Read the latest posts on the Nuage Networks blog www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/
Follow the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nuagenetworks
Nuage Networks Press Contact
T : +1 952-941-0692