Virtualized Cloud Services
Make cloud services and datacenter networks more agile with policy-based automation
Virtualized Cloud Services (VCS) is the datacenter and cloud networking framework of Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP). It lets you automate the configuration, management and optimization of virtual networks, including security services that provide tenant isolation and access controls to individual applications and workloads.
Designed for service providers and enterprises, VCS is a non-disruptive software-defined networking (SDN) overlay for all virtualized and non-virtualized server and network resources. It is transparent to the underlying physical infrastructure and provides a complete cloud networking framework that requires no specialized hardware. You can install all components of VCS in Docker containers, hypervisors or virtual machines.
With VCS, you can use policy-based automation to make your IT services more responsive and increase your business agility. VCS helps you eliminate the constraints and complexity of cloud networking so that you can:
- Make your network as dynamic and flexible as compute resources by automating instantiation of network services and devices
- Gain a competitive advantage by supporting open-source and emerging tools such as Docker containers
- Scale to meet the demands of thousands of tenants that have unique application requirements, distinct security policies and committed service levels
- Apply granular security policies in an intelligent, consistent and provable way across the entire cloud
Cloud consumption interface controls can unify, or federate, any combination of public and private clouds into a single, coherent cloud that can be:
- Orchestrated by cloud platforms such as CloudStack and OpenStack
- Provisioned by customers and administrators through open interfaces such as OpenStack Horizon
- Customized through a wide range of development environments, including Kubernetes and Mesos
A flexible network interface provides:
- Control of virtualized and bare-metal resources (such as network equipment from Nokia, Arista and HPE) without requiring upgrades
- Multiple server virtualization environments side by side, including KVM, Docker containers, VMware and Xen
Extensibility and security interface features enable:
- Integration with applications such as Oracle, third-party anything-as-a-service approaches, security appliances and operating systems such as Red Hat and Ubuntu Linux
- Controllable network resources through policies and templates that are preset by the network team or defined using an intuitive user interface
An operational scalability interface delivers:
- Efficient, multitenant operations at cloud scale with features such as multicast and network template capabilities
- Robust overlay/underlay visibility through our Virtualized Services Assurance Platform
Nuage Networks 7850 Virtualized Services Gateway
Bridging the virtualization gap
Many real-world datacenters mix of virtualized and non-virtualized assets. A new breed of gateway is needed to help all datacenters benefit from automation and network virtualization.
7850 VSG seamlessly extends SDN 2.0 functionality between virtualized and non-virtualized assets in the datacenter. This high-performance gateway provides highly scalable (up to a terabit of capacity in a single rack unit), multi-tenant gateway functionality at Layers 2 to 4.
7850 VSG supports a fully automated network infrastructure by working with the Nuage Networks VSP to automatically extend application policies across virtualized and non-virtualized assets. It complements our existing VRS-G software gateway and supports VXLAN Tunnel Endpoint (VTEP) “white box” devices from our partners.