Teleworking is a growing phenomenon as exemplified by its growth over the last decade. Today’s pandemic has dramatically accelerated teleworking which has put an unexpected strain on enterprise networks. Concerns about security, productivity, cost efficiency all come up when enterprises are asked about their strategy to enable teleworking. Today’s SD-WAN technology has matured to a degree where these concerns can be addressed.
Nuage Networks has introduced SD-WAN 2.0 for the enterprise home office that enables their managed service provider partners to address this challenge. These partners can extend SD-WAN services to their enterprise customers quickly, efficiently, and cost effectively in any home environment with limited incremental cost and process change.
“The Work from Home (WFH) wave is sweeping organizations around the world, and it is likely to last beyond the current pandemic crisis. With that, it’s essential that organizations roll out additional secure remote networking capabilities for WFH scenarios. Nuage Networks’ SD-WAN 2.0 for the enterprise home office hits the mark with security, policy, and application control for the WFH office.”
Founder and Principal Analyst
“We expect the increase in remote working to persist after the current crisis. Nearly 75% of businesses are planning to make permanent changes to their working from home policies as a result of COVID-19, according to our recent survey. Businesses are looking for solutions to improve the performance and security of connections for people working remotely.”
Tom Rebbeck, Research Director
This solution will allow enterprises to extend their SD-WAN 2.0 L3 VPN reach to their employee’s homes in an easy to deploy, scalable and cost-effective way without compromising security or productivity. SD-WAN 2.0 provides the ability to create an intelligent end-to-end network fabric that connects workloads across all parts of the network (private clouds, public clouds, SaaS clouds, Telco clouds, and branches) from a single platform and governance model. This service inherits this capability as it extends its reach to include the home office as part of its scope of visibility and control.
Nuage Networks managed service provider partners will gain the following benefits:
- Cost effectively empower the enterprise to quickly enable secure teleworking for their employees with no truck rolls
- Flexible and elegant solution deployable by any IT-approved device in any home environment
- No additional infrastructure expense or complexity by leveraging existing SD-WAN infrastructure and policies
- Optimize the use of key network resources by customized secure access to corporate apps and data tailored for each teleworker
- Virtually extend the corporate IT network and “intranet” to the home, providing all required business tools ensuring no lost productivity
- Secure the home by applying IT application specific security policies to the home office to satisfy corporate security and compliance requirements
- Leverage key network analytics for actionable security insights, capacity planning, application usage info, etc.
- Scale the network without concern for an increased number of SD-WAN virtual endpoints from home workers
- Define specific routing policies to ensure IT business traffic behaves as expected