This 4-day course is designed for service providers, webscale operators, and enterprises who need to understand the technology, techniques, and best practices for implementing a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution using Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services (VNS). The course provides detailed explanations and practical exercises for advanced VNS features.
Download a sample of the course materials.
Get access to the same course materials you would receive in class. Course materials are a great way to learn and prepare for exams at your own pace.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Explain the use and configuration of the routing protocol (OSPF and BGP) on the Network Services Gateway (NSG).
- Explain the purpose and operation of the NSG Underlay Border Router (NSG-UBR).
- Describe and apply the different domain linking options.
- Describe the benefits and configuration of Application Aware Routing (AAR).
- Describe approaches to using NSG as an IKE IPSec gateway.
- Explain how a virtual machine can be instantiated on the NSG to virtualize a network function.
Module 1 – VNS Overview
- Software-Defined networking (SDN)
- VNS: the Nuage Networks SD-WAN solution
- VNS deployment
- Review of overlay network concepts
Module 2 – Routing Protocols on the NSG
- Configuration and verification of OSPF on the NSG access side
- Lab – OSPP on the NSG access side
- Configuration and verification of BGP on the NSG
- Lab – BGP on the NSG network side
Module 3 – NSG Underlay Border Router (NSG-UBR)
- Capabilities of the NSG-UBR
- Domain linking with the BR connection
- Lab – Domain linking with the BR connection
- Use case of NSG-UBR Gateway
- Lab – DC Connection with the NSG-UBR Gateway
- Use case of NSG-UBR Hub
- Lab – NSG Mesh Group with UBR Hub
- Use case of NSG-UBR DUC
- Lab – Inter-underlay L3 domain with the NSG-UBR DUC
Module 4 – Domain Linking Approaches
- Domain linking with service chaining
- Port-based address translation (PAT) to the overlay
- Lab – PAT to the overlay
- Bi-directional network address translation (NAT)
- Lab – Bidirectional NAT
Module 5 – Application-Aware Routing (AAR)
- Application-Aware Routing (AAR) components
- AAR configuration and visualization
- Lab – AAR configuration and visualization
Module 6 – IPsec Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
- IPsec Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
- Lab – IPsec on the NSG using a 7750 SR as an IKE gateway
Module 7 – Virtualized network function (VNF) on the NSG
- Virtualized network function (VNF) deployment on the NSG
- Lab – VNF on the NSG
Class Schedule and Registration
|Start Date||Timezone or Location||Delivery||Language|
|19-Dec-2022||Virtual - New Delhi Time||Virtual Instructor-led||English (US)||Register|