This 4-day course is designed for service providers, webscale operators, and enterprises who need to understand the technology, techniques, and best practices for implementing a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution using Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services (VNS). The course provides detailed explanations and practical exercises for advanced VNS features.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Explain the use and configuration of the routing protocol (OSPF and BGP) on the Network Services Gateway (NSG).
- Explain the purpose and operation of the NSG Underlay Border Router (NSG-UBR).
- Describe and apply the different domain linking options.
- Describe the benefits and configuration of Application Aware Routing (AAR).
- Describe approaches to using NSG as an IKE IPSec gateway.
- Explain how a virtual machine can be instantiated on the NSG to virtualize a network function.
Module 1 – VNS Overview
- Software-Defined networking (SDN)
- VNS: the Nuage Networks SD-WAN solution
- VNS deployment
- Review of overlay network concepts
Module 2 – Routing Protocols on the NSG
- Configuration and verification of OSPF on the NSG access side
- Lab – OSPP on the NSG access side
- Configuration and verification of BGP on the NSG
- Lab – BGP on the NSG network side
Module 3 – NSG Underlay Border Router (NSG-UBR)
- Capabilities of the NSG-UBR
- Domain linking with the BR connection
- Lab – Domain linking with the BR connection
- Use case of NSG-UBR Gateway
- Lab – DC Connection with the NSG-UBR Gateway
- Use case of NSG-UBR Hub
- Lab – NSG Mesh Group with UBR Hub
- Use case of NSG-UBR DUC
- Lab – Inter-underlay L3 domain with the NSG-UBR DUC
Module 4 – Domain Linking Approaches
- Domain linking with service chaining
- Port-based address translation (PAT) to the overlay
- Lab – PAT to the overlay
- Bi-directional network address translation (NAT)
- Lab – Bidirectional NAT
Module 5 – Application-Aware Routing (AAR)
- Application-Aware Routing (AAR) components
- AAR configuration and visualization
- Lab – AAR configuration and visualization
Module 6 – IPsec Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
- IPsec Internet Key Exchange (IKE)
- Lab – IPsec on the NSG using a 7750 SR as an IKE gateway
Module 7 – Virtualized network function (VNF) on the NSG
- Virtualized network function (VNF) deployment on the NSG
- Lab – VNF on the NSG
Class Schedule and Registration
|Start Date||Timezone or Location||Delivery||Language|
|22-Jun-2020||Virtual - Chicago Time||Virtual Instructor-led||English (US)||Register|
|13-Sep-2020||Virtual - New Delhi Time||Virtual Instructor-led||English (US)||Register|
|14-Sep-2020||Virtual - Paris Time||Virtual Instructor-led||English (US)||Register|
|06-Oct-2020||Virtual - Ottawa Time||Virtual Instructor-led||English (US)||Register|
|14-Dec-2020||Virtual - Chicago Time||Virtual Instructor-led||English (US)||Register|
Have a question?
Reach out to our learning team, we’re here to help!