This self-paced e-learning course is intended for anyone that requires a technical overview of the Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP), with a focus on the Virtualized Network Services (VNS) and Virtualized Security Services (VSS) used to build an SD-WAN solution.
Learn how the VSP provides a flexible security framework that is designed to provide a secure service edge (SSE) solution tailored to satisfy end-customer requirements, and how the Nuage SD-WAN portal allows end-customers to manage and visualize application traffic within their network with minimum knowledge of the underlying SDN solution.
This course describes how the Nokia Cloud Managed SD-WAN solution can be used by service providers and resellers to offer a managed SD-WAN services to their customers without the need to build their own SD-WAN solution.
IP Networking Experience
Integrated online exam.
Credit toward certification
After completing the course, students should be able to:
- Describe how the Nuage Networks VSP addresses the limitations of traditional enterprise WAN architecture
- Describe how Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services (VNS) components including the Virtualized Services Directory (VSD), Virtualized Services Controller (VSC), Network Services Gateway (NSG), Nuage SD-WAN Portal and the Nuage Utility Host (NUH) are used to build an SD-WAN service offering.
- Explain how the Nuage Networks VSD and Virtualized Security Services (VSS) provide a flexible security framework that can be used to provide a secure service edge (SSE).
- Describe valued added security services like web filtering and intrusion detection and prevention.
- Understand that IPsec IKE can be used to securely connect an NSG to a third-party gateway, cloud service provider, or router.
- Sketch out key capabilities of the Nuage SD-WAN Portal.
- Describe the Nokia Cloud Managed SD-WAN service offering.
- Describe the licensing model for Nuage Networks VSP and the Nokia Cloud Managed SD-WAN solutions.
Module 1 – Introduction to Nuage Networks VSP
- Virtual private networks
- Software defined networks (SDN)
- Enterprise WAN challenges and SDN as a solution
Module 2 – Nuage Virtualized Service Platform Components
- Nuage Networks product portfolio
- Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Directory (VSD)
- Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Controller (VSC)
- Virtualized Network Services (VNS) components
Module 3 – Overview of Virtualized Network Services
- Overlays and NSG
- NSG bootstrapping
- DEMO – One-factor Bootstrapping
Module 4 – Nuage Networks SD-WAN Gateways
- SD-WAN gateways
- Direct routing to the underlay network
- Application discovery and performance monitoring
Module 5 – Security Policies and VSS
- Micro-segmentation, security policies and service chaining
- Security analytics
Module 6 – Flexible Security Framework and the cloud
- Evolution of SD-WAN to include secure service edge (SSE) for software as a service (SaaS)
- IPsec gateways: Group-key and IKE-based IPsec
- Value added cloud native Virtual Network Functions (VNFs) for branch NSGs
- Hybrid and Multi Cloud
- DEMO – Virtualized Security Services
Module 7 – Nuage Networks VCS and VNS Use Cases
- VCS use cases
- Value added branch options
Module 8 – Nuage SD-WAN Portal
- Nuage SD-WAN Portal overview
- DEMO – Introduction to the Nuage SD-WAN Portal
Module 9 – Nokia Cloud Managed SD-WAN
- Nokia Cloud Managed SD-WAN overview
- Nokia Cloud Managed SD-WAN service tiers
Module 10 - Nuage Licensing Models
- VNS product licensing
- Cloud Managed SD-WAN licensing
- Training and support
Have a question?
Reach out to our learning team, we’re here to help!