Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) recognized as a “go-to solution” for companies adopting Docker, OpenStack and other open platforms and hardware
Nuage Networks, the Nokia venture focused on software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, has been named a Breakout Vendor by Forrester Research in its December 2016 report, Breakout Vendors: Virtual Network Infrastructure (VNI).
The Forrester report identifies ground-breaking vendors that help organizations virtualize their networking environment with the least amount of risk. Innovative firms are using virtual networking as a competitive business advantage.
According to the report, “Cloud is a diverse and complex hybrid pursuit, with 53% of enterprises leveraging two or more public cloud platforms. Yet, Forrester clients indicate that connecting multiple cloud platforms and private clouds challenges many organizations.”
Enterprise firms can leverage Nuage Networks to seamlessly connect their hybrid clouds. Nuage is one of the emerging vendors that can help teams make the shift with the least amount of risk by keeping options open, or allowing existing solutions to be easily integrated with other parts of VNI.
“Nuage Networks Virtual Services Platform (VSP) offers a single network policy framework that distributes business policies and network intelligence across containers, hypervisors, datacenters, and cloud platforms to link these islands,”, comments Andre Kindness, Principal Analyst, Forrester in the report. He continues, “Nuage Networks came to market during the first wave of SDN overlay solutions. Unlike others that have fallen off the map, Nuage Networks has developed a strong presence in the service provider market. As a result, its VSP has become the go-to solution for companies adopting Docker, OpenStack, and other open platforms and hardware.”
“We are honored to be selected as a Forrester Breakout vendor, said Sunil Khandekar, CEO and Founder of Nuage Networks, “For us, this recognition validates our momentum and commitment to providing an open, policy driven network automation solution that works seamlessly across all environments in the DC and the WAN to deliver on the promise of the cloud.”
Nuage Networks VSP Solution key facts:
- Delivers high-performance, high-stability distributed SDN and policy-based automation for cloud deployments
- Optimizes and scales datacenter connectivity
- Deployable on hybrid cloud and heterogeneous environments while operating seamlessly with open-source cloud management systems, hypervisors, and leading edge software and hardware
- The datacenter and cloud networking framework of the VSP, Virtualized Cloud Services (VCS), automates the configuration, management and optimization of virtual networks, including security services that provide tenant isolation and access controls to individual applications and workloads
- A centralized policy manager and SDN controller automate configuration and tuning of network and security devices, accelerating IT tasks, increasing scale and reducing errors
- The VCS integrates with a broad range of open source reference architectures and management solutions to provide virtual networking and automation in a highly scalable cloud environment
About Nuage Networks from Nokia
Nu-âhj: From French, meaning ‘cloud’. Nuage Networks from Nokia brings a combination of technologies and networking expertise to the enterprise and telecommunications industries. The Silicon Valley-based business has applied new thinking to the problem of delivering massively scalable and highly programmable SDN solutions within and across the datacenter and out to the wide area network with the security and availability required by business-critical environments. Nuage Networks, backed by the rapidly growing IP/Optical Networks business of Nokia has the pedigree to serve the needs of the world’s biggest clouds. The cloud has made promises – the mission of Nuage Networks is to help you realize them.
For more information, visit Nuage Networks on: www.nuagenetworks.net, read the latest posts on the Nuage Networks blog http://www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/ and follow the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nuagenetworks.
Nuage Networks Press Contact
Trudy DeWitte [email protected]