Combined SDN/SD-WAN Environment Allows Deployment of Advances Services
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CALIFORNIA – June 22, 2017 — Nuage Networks, the Nokia venture focused on software-defined networking (SDN) solutions, today announces its newest customer, Italian cloud services provider AscoTLC. AscoTLC is another example of a service provider offering automated cloud services for both SD-WAN and traditional datacenter SDN through the Nuage Networks platform. Nuage Networks SDN technologies enrich AscoTLC’s current infrastructure with an end-to-end common overlay network starting from the cloud and ending at Customer Premises Equipment (CPE) at customer WAN sites. AscoTLC was able to deploy the project with integration services from its partner, Texor Srl, as well as Nuage Networks.
AscoTLC’s innovative path to cloud services is possible with Nuage Networks Virtualized Services Platform (VSP) running the Nuage Networks Virtualized Cloud Services (VCS) and Nuage Networks Virtualized Network Services (VNS). This comprehensive solution is independent from any network infrastructure and topology, any virtualization environment, any cloud orchestrator and supports an open CPE platform, including the ability to integrate third party virtualized network functions. Moreover, the Nuage Networks architecture uses the same SDN controller for both datacenter and WAN sites. It gives AscoTLC a completely open architecture, greater customization and business agility for customers, and the ability to provide lower cost, next-generation VPN services. Through the Nuage Networks VNS (SD-WAN service), customers will have the ability to define forwarding policies, quality of service, security, traffic shaping and rate limiting policies. AscoTLC expects around 1,000 customer sites will be connected to their new fiber optic backbone running these next-generation cloud services within two years.
“As a market early adopter and innovator, we tested several SDN and SD-WAN options and chose Nuage Networks as a like-minded visionary offering a completely open architecture that can work on any cloud management platform,” says Stefano Ducati, COO, AscoTLC. “Nuage Networks gives us the business agility to continue providing our customers with the enhanced on-demand services they expect. This gives us a distinct advantage in our highly competitive market.”
- Nuage Networks VSP provides a common SDN infrastructure for the datacenter/cloud and remote WAN sites, enabling seamless network automation from end-to-end for cloud-based deployments
- Nuage Networks VCS provides policy-based automation across all cloud workloads and application platforms, including traditional VM’s running in any major hypervisor, Docker containers and bare metal servers.
- The Nuage Networks platform includes industry-leading software defined security with its Virtualized Security Services (VSS) to automate security policy implementations across the cloud network. VSS includes the ability to integrate third party best-of-breed security solutions such as Check Point, Fortinet and Palo Alto Networks.
- Nuage Networks VNS enables a dynamic and responsive SD-WAN self-service network that aligns enterprises with business requirements.
- Application-aware routing ensures that pre-defined, per-application performance metrics are consistently met at the lowest achievable costs.
- Seamless networking between IP-VPN, and a new generation SD-WAN managed services environment ensures a secure and effective application.
“Cloud adoption and network virtualization are transforming the way business is conducted,” says Sunil Khandekar, Nuage Networks from Nokia CEO and Founder. “Our customers will benefit from significant cost savings and increased delivery of services from AscoTLC’s next-generation cloud services based on the Nuage Networks SDN and SD-WAN automated, flexible platform. We are pleased to work with forward-thinking companies like AscoTLC that are implementing the SDN solutions which are key to driving today’s business evolution.”
Find out more about this partnership by viewing the Nuage Networks customer case study: AscoTLC, a leading Italian cloud service provider, delivers next-generation SDN and SD-WAN cloud infrastructure with Nuage Networks
ABOUT NUAGE NETWORKS FROM NOKIA
Nu-âhj: From French, meaning ‘cloud’. Nuage Networks from Nokia brings a combination of technologies and networking expertise to the enterprise and telecommunications industries. The Silicon Valley-based business has applied new thinking to the problem of delivering massively scalable and highly programmable SDN solutions within and across the data center and out to the wide area network with the security and availability required by business-critical environments. Nuage Networks, backed by the rapidly growing IP/Optical Networks business of Nokia has the pedigree to serve the needs of the world’s biggest clouds. The cloud has made promises — the mission of Nuage Networks is to help you realize them.
For more information, visit Nuage Networks on: www.nuagenetworks.net, read the latest posts on the Nuage Networks blog https://www.nuagenetworks.net/blog/ and follow the company on Twitter: https://twitter.com/nuagenetworks.
Nuage Networks Press Contact